Skip to main content

A Promise For My Hubby



Eight years ago I asked God for a promise to pray for my husband, Nathan. This was the Psalm that He gave me. I haven’t always been faithful in praying for him, but the Holy Spirit has brought back the desire to pray fervently for my family, church family, & world. I’m so thankful. The Lord hears our prayers & over the years has made it so clear to me that He answers my prayers. I am without excuse to intercede for those around me.

My prayer for Nathan...

Psalm 89:15-18
“Happy are those who hear the joyful call to worship, for they will walk in the light of your presence, Lord. They rejoice all day long in your wonderful reputation. They exult in your righteousness. You are their glorious strength. It pleases you to make us strong. Yes, our protection comes from the Lord, and he, the Holy One of Israel, has given us our king.

Psalm 89:20-34
I have found my servant David (Nathan).
     I praise you for calling Nathan to be your messenger, your minister in this dark world. Thank you for setting Him aside for your great purpose. I can trust that He is exactly where he needs to be because you are the one who Equips & uses as you see fit.

 I have anointed him with my holy oil.
     Thank for for this anointing of the Holy Spirit that is upon Nathan. He has the helper, comforter, encourager, teacher with him as he goes about his day & fulfills the great commission.

 I will steady him with my hand; with my powerful arm I will make him strong. 
     I praise you, Holy Spirit, that you breath life and strength into his bones, into his soul. He can do whatever the task is because you are moving through him to do according to your will. I don’t have to be afraid for his physical health, his body. Every time I have asked, you have healed. I am confident in you.

His enemies will not defeat him, nor will the wicked overpower him. I will beat down his adversaries before him and destroy those who hate him. 
     The lures of the enemy, the sin that so easily entangles, temptations of the heart & flesh will not overpower him because you are His defender, shield, protector.

My faithfulness and unfailing love will be with him, and by my authority he will grow in power. 
     If your love is with him, what else does he need? I can rest in this promise.

I will extend his rule over the sea, his dominion over the rivers. And he will call out to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.’ 
     I praise you that you will draw so near to him that he will call you Father.

I will make him my firstborn son, the mightiest king on earth.
     Thank you for loving him like a first born son.

 I will love him and be kind to him forever; my covenant with him will never end. I will preserve an heir for him;
     I am claiming this for my children as well. Thank you for preserving my children. Thank you that they will follow in their Dad’s footsteps & love you with their whole hearts. 

 I will never stop loving him nor fail to keep my promise to him. No, I will not break my covenant; I will not take back a single word I said
     This promise isn’t just for today, but for the rest of his life. It keeps going, even when he is in the fire and our circumstances feel shaky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday

I turned 38 last Friday. What a special day! Nate surprised me with Orange Leaf, my favorite frozen yogurt place, & a trip to Pittsburgh for Moe’s Mexican food, a Pirates game, & fireworks.  I am so thankful for these blessings pictured, but also my amazing friends & family.  I am 23 weeks pregnant today & so very thankful that the Lord has settled this “barren woman as a happy mother of children.” Everyday I am overwhelmed at God’s goodness, how He provides and takes care of me & even chooses to give extra special gifts above and beyond like birthday adventures.   Thank you, Jesus, for these 38 years.  With you in the lead I can truly say that I love getting older! Holy Spirit, with you continually working in me, through me, reminding me, refining me, softening me, & working out your salvation through me, I can say I’m better at 38 than I was at 28. I want to look more like Jesus at 48!

Lent 2020

As the Lenten season approached, I knew I had to face off with what we were going to give up this year as a family. Let me preface this post with this: I have thoroughly been enjoying movies each night as I nursed Levi. It was something I looked forward to & I was getting to the place where I couldn’t imagine life in the nursing a newborn season without those movies.  One night, as I sat on the bed nursing the baby, I told the Lord that I really didn’t want to give up T.V., video games, or movies this year. I enjoyed playing Candy crush & watching movies to take my mind off of how tired I was. I asked God to give me the desire to give it all up. I needed a miracle! Sometime in the next 24 hours I was watching my kids on their devices & watching T.V. and I realized that it was time to regain our focus. To give it up again for the sake of putting it in its rightful place. The Lord actually gave me a longing to give it up, maybe even an excitement for what He would be able to

Praying the Promises Day 2

Right now, my praying isn’t led by tears and great pleading, like it has been in other seasons of life. And, that is okay. The Holy Spirit has to remind me of this. God still hears & is still answering. The Holy Spirit is interceding for me & I will keep claiming the promises for my kids & other people’s children.  Psalm 2:8 says,  “Only ask & I will give you the nations as your inheritance,  the whole earth as your possession!”  Lord, would give to me the children- my children, other people’s children & all of those whom You have placed a burden for on my heart...would you give them to me as my inheritance? When I get to Heaven I want to see them & see the fruit of their labor for You! That is enough, Lord, more than enough! Keep my eyes focused on this inheritance, not wavering from it!  Psalm 3- 1 O LORD, they have so many enemies; so many are against them. 2 So many are saying, “God will never rescue them!”  3 But you, O LORD, are a shield around them; you a