Skip to main content

A New Year

As this new year approaches there is only one word God has given me:   Fearless

  This is something that God has been trying to get through to me for a long time.  Heather without fear? This could change every aspect of my life & even transform the people around me.  It is only the beginning. I know I'm only just scratching the surface, but God keeps pointing me to glimpses of what my life might look like with the absence of fear. I can't wait to see what this year will bring. I tried many times to change the name of this blog so that "A life without fear..." wouldn't be the central point, but I can't get away from it.

On Sunday my Mother in Law brought Chinese food to our house and I opened a Fortune Cookie.  God has a sense of humor....

So, Lord, I am vowing right now to continue on this unknown journey.  I am vowing to seek a life of complete abandoned trust in YOU.  No Fear!  I don't know what this will bring in my marriage, for my kids, our church, our life, but I know it will be good.  And I know You're going to lead.

The verse that keeps surfacing... 
"Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear.  If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love." 1 John 4:18.

Here's to a new year, a year without fear!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up...

At the Discipleship Summit this year Jesus kept telling me in multiple ways to be a better listener... 1. He was a great listener! Isaiah 53-"He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, but he did not say anything." 2. Most of the time when I talk, I regret what I said 3. It's a way to be a servant 4. I can learn alot from other people 5. Listening is the best form of counseling...my response can be prayer! As the Lord began to challenge me with this, I began asking to help me with questions to ask people... In the hot tub that afternoon I met an amazing missionary woman who began asking me about my kiddos. Not only did she ask me about their ages, but she also asked what each of their personalities were like. I had to really think about that question. She was genuinely interested in me and it felt amazing! This is going to take alot of effort, but through the power of the Holy Spirit it can be done! I am trusting that this will change my relationships,  even with my...

Quote of the Week

On Sunday afternoon I had the kids doing some chores to get ready to leave for Arizona. Zeke, my eight year old, said to me, “Mom, could you write down a list for me so that I can cross things off?” Haha! I love it, a child after my own heart. Our, at least another one that I’ve passed my sickness down to!  Thank you, Jesus, for these glimpses that you’re helping me raise my kids to be competent adults. Momming with Sparkle,  Heather

Wonderful Memories

A Safe & Happy Flight A Fun Day at the Skate Park Watching our leaders step up! Friends Who Care!!