Skip to main content

Moriah’s Love Language

This week I gave Moriah the online 5 Love Languages Test.  Her answers surprised me at first.  She was filtering everything through what she would like to hear from her friends and this was the outcome:



But when I told her to add “from Mom and Dad” to each question the outcome changed:


Moriah LOVES giving gifts and receiving gifts. This past Christmas she spent her own money and bought gifts for her Dad & me, her teachers, & friends.  She loves to give! How can I bless her without breaking my bank account? 
* I can let her choose the dessert to bring home to everyone 
* Gum & mints are Moriah’s favorite
* When I see something that she needs, present it to her like a special gift
* Write her notes on her mirror or around her room

Because she feels loved through quality time:
* Sit down and watch a show with her
* Take her to the store with me
* Play a game with her


Father, help me to love Moriah in the way she needs love. You know her inside and out. Thank you that you’re the one leading, guiding, and teaching my beautiful daughter!

A Mama who wants to run with sparkle,

Heather Leigh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up...

At the Discipleship Summit this year Jesus kept telling me in multiple ways to be a better listener... 1. He was a great listener! Isaiah 53-"He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, but he did not say anything." 2. Most of the time when I talk, I regret what I said 3. It's a way to be a servant 4. I can learn alot from other people 5. Listening is the best form of counseling...my response can be prayer! As the Lord began to challenge me with this, I began asking to help me with questions to ask people... In the hot tub that afternoon I met an amazing missionary woman who began asking me about my kiddos. Not only did she ask me about their ages, but she also asked what each of their personalities were like. I had to really think about that question. She was genuinely interested in me and it felt amazing! This is going to take alot of effort, but through the power of the Holy Spirit it can be done! I am trusting that this will change my relationships,  even with my...

Quote of the Week

On Sunday afternoon I had the kids doing some chores to get ready to leave for Arizona. Zeke, my eight year old, said to me, “Mom, could you write down a list for me so that I can cross things off?” Haha! I love it, a child after my own heart. Our, at least another one that I’ve passed my sickness down to!  Thank you, Jesus, for these glimpses that you’re helping me raise my kids to be competent adults. Momming with Sparkle,  Heather

Wonderful Memories

A Safe & Happy Flight A Fun Day at the Skate Park Watching our leaders step up! Friends Who Care!!