Skip to main content

Praying the Promises Day 1

In the early years of motherhood I was caught in a pool of fear, unsure how to get out. The enemy had completely ensnared me using fear, lies, perfectionism. But, The Holy Spirit, through words of wisdom from a mentor, taught me to pray scripture. Why scripture? Because it is life-giving, sharper than a double edged sword, & God is the one who will see it come to fruition. He is the one responsible to make it happen. Yay!

“The rain and snow come down from the heavens
    and stay on the ground to water the earth.
They cause the grain to grow,
    producing seed for the farmer
    and bread for the hungry.

It is the same with my word, 
I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to, 
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.“ Isaiah 55:11

I began to cling to verse, “I will teach your children and great will be their peace.”  (Is. 54:13) and other verses that remind me that God loves my kids more than me & He will continue the work, even apart from me.
I just need to be faithful to ask Him and then rest in His promise.  His Word always produces fruit.

What about when I can’t see the promise and the words I am praying over my children do not look to be true
 and, in fact, look to be the exact opposite of the truth? 1 Corinthians 13 says “Love believes ALL things, hopes all things, endures all things.” Thus we hold on to the truth & the promise of scripture for our kids, for our loved ones, for those He’s given us the burden to bear. And, by the strength of the Holy Spirit, we keep pressing on.

Psalm 1
1 How blessed are (Isaiah, Moriah, Ezekiel, Uriah, Elijah, & baby) who do not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers!

2But their delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law they meditate day and night. 

3They are like trees firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season. And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever they do, they prosper. 

4 The wicked are not so, But they are like chaff which the wind drives away. 

5Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. 

6For the LORD knows (or approves or has regard to) the way of the righteous(Isaiah, Moriah, Ezekiel, Uriah, Elijah, & Baby). But the way of the wicked will perish. 

I will keep praying this for my kids and the kids whom God has put in my path and expect God to work in each of their lives to produce fruit and accomplish all He desires them to!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up...

At the Discipleship Summit this year Jesus kept telling me in multiple ways to be a better listener... 1. He was a great listener! Isaiah 53-"He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, but he did not say anything." 2. Most of the time when I talk, I regret what I said 3. It's a way to be a servant 4. I can learn alot from other people 5. Listening is the best form of counseling...my response can be prayer! As the Lord began to challenge me with this, I began asking to help me with questions to ask people... In the hot tub that afternoon I met an amazing missionary woman who began asking me about my kiddos. Not only did she ask me about their ages, but she also asked what each of their personalities were like. I had to really think about that question. She was genuinely interested in me and it felt amazing! This is going to take alot of effort, but through the power of the Holy Spirit it can be done! I am trusting that this will change my relationships,  even with my...

The B-I-B-L-E Yes That's the Book For Me!

Yesterday, after much bickering and breaking up fights I said to the kids, "We really need to sit down and read our Bible together.  We need to hear from the Lord!"  The sounds that followed ripped me to the core..."Awww!" "Do we have to?" "I don't like reading the Bible!"  I wanted to scream in anger about how they never seem to make those sounds when we sit down to watch a movie, but I didn't, I just started reading.  Zeke was the only one scrambling to get to my lap and hear the story. Afterwards, I let the kids go play and I just sat in the Popasan chair feeling dejected, like a terrible mother. "Lord, you promised to pour out your Spirit on my children!  What is happening?  I am failing you...failing them!  You have to do something" I brought them all back into the sun room for a light lecture.  Haha...yeah, if that's possible! "Guys, I have one main job as a mother and that is to teach you the Word of God....

Walking Backwards

As I wait for this baby, I will praise...focusing on God’s goodness & provision always. Rest in the truth that God knows exactly when this baby needs to come and will make it clear when I need to go to the hospital. Knowing that I have the Group B Strep virus makes it a little tricky because I have to go in four hours before giving birth so that I can have the antibiotics. But, God knows this! He will lead, my only job is to listen to Him! I read in Dr. Kinlaw’s devotional this morning that the Hebrews’ idea of the future was that it was behind them. They walked backwards into the future. Walking into the future with a remembrance of the past. Remembering God’s provision along the way. I want to live like that! That is my word for the year. BACKWARDS. Such a funny word, but it says exactly how I want to live. My hand in God’s, with my eyes on him, not on the future, but how He’s taken care of me in the past! There are so many things I can point to as I ponder the provision of God. ...