Skip to main content

My Mojo is Back

The last week has been very hard. After Mom & Dad left and then spending a day in the hospital I started to get very antsy about having this boy!

Today, by the grace of God, I woke up with a new mindset & resolve to press on & step out of my funk & walk in praise and thanksgiving. So, from here on out, I’m focusing on the Word, Walking, Water, & Weight! Spending time in the Word daily, walking everyday, drinking a ton of water, & watching what I eat for the sake of my weight. I want to stay strong & healthy for this baby & the labor that awaits me! I’m going to enjoy these last few weeks and focus on praise. This has been a great pregnancy and I am so thankful. I still feel good! Praise Jesus! 

So, I wait with a sparkle...

Heather Leigh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up...

At the Discipleship Summit this year Jesus kept telling me in multiple ways to be a better listener... 1. He was a great listener! Isaiah 53-"He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, but he did not say anything." 2. Most of the time when I talk, I regret what I said 3. It's a way to be a servant 4. I can learn alot from other people 5. Listening is the best form of counseling...my response can be prayer! As the Lord began to challenge me with this, I began asking to help me with questions to ask people... In the hot tub that afternoon I met an amazing missionary woman who began asking me about my kiddos. Not only did she ask me about their ages, but she also asked what each of their personalities were like. I had to really think about that question. She was genuinely interested in me and it felt amazing! This is going to take alot of effort, but through the power of the Holy Spirit it can be done! I am trusting that this will change my relationships,  even with my...

Quote of the Week

On Sunday afternoon I had the kids doing some chores to get ready to leave for Arizona. Zeke, my eight year old, said to me, “Mom, could you write down a list for me so that I can cross things off?” Haha! I love it, a child after my own heart. Our, at least another one that I’ve passed my sickness down to!  Thank you, Jesus, for these glimpses that you’re helping me raise my kids to be competent adults. Momming with Sparkle,  Heather

The B-I-B-L-E Yes That's the Book For Me!

Yesterday, after much bickering and breaking up fights I said to the kids, "We really need to sit down and read our Bible together.  We need to hear from the Lord!"  The sounds that followed ripped me to the core..."Awww!" "Do we have to?" "I don't like reading the Bible!"  I wanted to scream in anger about how they never seem to make those sounds when we sit down to watch a movie, but I didn't, I just started reading.  Zeke was the only one scrambling to get to my lap and hear the story. Afterwards, I let the kids go play and I just sat in the Popasan chair feeling dejected, like a terrible mother. "Lord, you promised to pour out your Spirit on my children!  What is happening?  I am failing you...failing them!  You have to do something" I brought them all back into the sun room for a light lecture.  Haha...yeah, if that's possible! "Guys, I have one main job as a mother and that is to teach you the Word of God....