Skip to main content

Healing

“Heal me, Lord and I will be healed. Save me and I will be saved, for you are the one that I praise.” 
Jeremiah 17:14


     My little Ury boy has struggled with warts for as long as I can remember. I took him to the Dr. last winter and got berated for not bringing him in sooner. He has so many warts that the doctor said it would take months of visits to remove the warts. I didn’t go back after the first wart the doctor “removed” didn’t go away. I tried everything I could find. Every over the counter medicine, every oil, every vitamin. I would try it long enough to see if ANY of the warts would go away, but when none of them did, and more would grow, I’d stop the treatment. I was at my wits end. This past May I was very consistent with Oregano Oil and Lysine for about a month and then stopped because of our busy schedule and summer trips, etc. In August, I had gone to the Poconos to teach at a youth camp, leaving Ury, Zeke, & Elijah with Daddy.  I had been studying the book of James and in 1:5 & 6 James states, “If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone.” I was overcome to really pray for the warts to go away. I asked for forgiveness for not being consistent with putting the treatments on, or for really asking Him for healing sooner and I asked God to give me the answer. Then, the peace that “passes all understanding” (Phil. 4:7) flooded my heart and I knew that Ury was going to be okay.  I didn’t know how God would heal him, but I knew that he would. That was Thursday.  I got home from camp on Saturday and didn’t think to look at Ury’s hands until Monday when I was washing his hands.  his warts were gone. All gone. Not a single wart. He told me that he had counted 36 warts at one point.  He said, “Mommy, when I was hiking with Daddy I washed my hands in the fountain and I realized all of my warts were gone.” God healed Him. There is no other explanation. Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Ury now knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is his Father, his provider, & his healer. Amen! 
     What do you need to ask God for today? Believe and don’t doubt! Trust your generous God!

Run with Sparkle, 
Heather


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up...

At the Discipleship Summit this year Jesus kept telling me in multiple ways to be a better listener... 1. He was a great listener! Isaiah 53-"He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, but he did not say anything." 2. Most of the time when I talk, I regret what I said 3. It's a way to be a servant 4. I can learn alot from other people 5. Listening is the best form of counseling...my response can be prayer! As the Lord began to challenge me with this, I began asking to help me with questions to ask people... In the hot tub that afternoon I met an amazing missionary woman who began asking me about my kiddos. Not only did she ask me about their ages, but she also asked what each of their personalities were like. I had to really think about that question. She was genuinely interested in me and it felt amazing! This is going to take alot of effort, but through the power of the Holy Spirit it can be done! I am trusting that this will change my relationships,  even with my...

The B-I-B-L-E Yes That's the Book For Me!

Yesterday, after much bickering and breaking up fights I said to the kids, "We really need to sit down and read our Bible together.  We need to hear from the Lord!"  The sounds that followed ripped me to the core..."Awww!" "Do we have to?" "I don't like reading the Bible!"  I wanted to scream in anger about how they never seem to make those sounds when we sit down to watch a movie, but I didn't, I just started reading.  Zeke was the only one scrambling to get to my lap and hear the story. Afterwards, I let the kids go play and I just sat in the Popasan chair feeling dejected, like a terrible mother. "Lord, you promised to pour out your Spirit on my children!  What is happening?  I am failing you...failing them!  You have to do something" I brought them all back into the sun room for a light lecture.  Haha...yeah, if that's possible! "Guys, I have one main job as a mother and that is to teach you the Word of God....

Walking Backwards

As I wait for this baby, I will praise...focusing on God’s goodness & provision always. Rest in the truth that God knows exactly when this baby needs to come and will make it clear when I need to go to the hospital. Knowing that I have the Group B Strep virus makes it a little tricky because I have to go in four hours before giving birth so that I can have the antibiotics. But, God knows this! He will lead, my only job is to listen to Him! I read in Dr. Kinlaw’s devotional this morning that the Hebrews’ idea of the future was that it was behind them. They walked backwards into the future. Walking into the future with a remembrance of the past. Remembering God’s provision along the way. I want to live like that! That is my word for the year. BACKWARDS. Such a funny word, but it says exactly how I want to live. My hand in God’s, with my eyes on him, not on the future, but how He’s taken care of me in the past! There are so many things I can point to as I ponder the provision of God. ...