Skip to main content

A Bike From Heaven

Last week my beautiful 4-year-old, Moriah, started riding a 2-wheel bike. She has been determined for a while to learn to ride this summer and last week after many bumps and bruises, she took off.  She also started pumping her own swing, too! Wow...life is zooming by!

But, back to the bike...it was a warm & sunny spring day in 2013.  The kids were outside riding their bikes.  Moriah had more than outgrown her princess bike with training wheels.  I remember breathing these words to Jesus, "It would sure be wonderful for Moriah to learn to ride a bike this summer, but she needs a new bike.  We don't have the money for one.  A princess bike would be nice, too."  It was just a thought sent up to heaven to my Daddy who provides for all of our needs!  It wasn't an "official" prayer, but just a thought, believing in His time He would provide what Moriah needed.  It wasn't 5 minutes after that breath I heard Isaiah calling, "Mom! Mom!  There's a bike over here on the side of the shed.  It's a girl bike. A princess bike."  Sure enough, someone in our church family left a bike for Moriah.  Isaiah found it at exactly the moment that I asked for one.

I don't know what category this falls into in my theology, but this I know for sure..."God will provide all of my needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:19.  He is a good, loving, fair, generous Father who longs to pour out on His children.  There are times I wait for answers that never seem to come and there are times I hear no, but I can rest in the truth that He knows best.  And He will always provide what I NEED.  And, if I'm walking in Him and listening to His gentle whispers, He'll even provide what I want...He'll grant me the desires of my heart as I delight myself in Him (Psalm 37:4)!

Thank you, Father, once again for your provision...and the way you prove yourself to our kids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen Up...

At the Discipleship Summit this year Jesus kept telling me in multiple ways to be a better listener... 1. He was a great listener! Isaiah 53-"He was led like a lamb to the slaughter, but he did not say anything." 2. Most of the time when I talk, I regret what I said 3. It's a way to be a servant 4. I can learn alot from other people 5. Listening is the best form of counseling...my response can be prayer! As the Lord began to challenge me with this, I began asking to help me with questions to ask people... In the hot tub that afternoon I met an amazing missionary woman who began asking me about my kiddos. Not only did she ask me about their ages, but she also asked what each of their personalities were like. I had to really think about that question. She was genuinely interested in me and it felt amazing! This is going to take alot of effort, but through the power of the Holy Spirit it can be done! I am trusting that this will change my relationships,  even with my...

The B-I-B-L-E Yes That's the Book For Me!

Yesterday, after much bickering and breaking up fights I said to the kids, "We really need to sit down and read our Bible together.  We need to hear from the Lord!"  The sounds that followed ripped me to the core..."Awww!" "Do we have to?" "I don't like reading the Bible!"  I wanted to scream in anger about how they never seem to make those sounds when we sit down to watch a movie, but I didn't, I just started reading.  Zeke was the only one scrambling to get to my lap and hear the story. Afterwards, I let the kids go play and I just sat in the Popasan chair feeling dejected, like a terrible mother. "Lord, you promised to pour out your Spirit on my children!  What is happening?  I am failing you...failing them!  You have to do something" I brought them all back into the sun room for a light lecture.  Haha...yeah, if that's possible! "Guys, I have one main job as a mother and that is to teach you the Word of God....

Quote of the Week

On Sunday afternoon I had the kids doing some chores to get ready to leave for Arizona. Zeke, my eight year old, said to me, “Mom, could you write down a list for me so that I can cross things off?” Haha! I love it, a child after my own heart. Our, at least another one that I’ve passed my sickness down to!  Thank you, Jesus, for these glimpses that you’re helping me raise my kids to be competent adults. Momming with Sparkle,  Heather